Striving to find contentment.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CD dilemmas

I'll admit it. I'm married to someone who still goes to a store and buys CDs. Combined, we have hundreds. And I'm conflicted about what to do with them. Probably 3/4 of them are on our computer. So why keep the discs? Why not give them away, and free up the space? Well....because I'm old. Not really. But old enough to believe, somewhere in my head, that I need to hang onto those physical discs. So on shelves they sit, unopened, for weeks and months and years. I just can't seem to let them go.

I suspect that they may be something that, further into this project, I will revisit. But for now, after sitting and staring at them for a while, all I end up doing is culling, getting rid of 12 that I never listen to and don't like anymore.

This is, in essence, an exercise in exploring the hold that objects have over my life. I wish in this post I could announce that I ripped the remaining CDs and then got rid of them all. But I didn't. But sometimes journeys start small, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog